Monday 25 November 2013

Snapper





IT WAS REALLY REALLY HEAVY WAS GOING TO LOSE MY GRIP I HAULED IT UP OUT OF THE WATER IT WAS A.... READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE.....


It was a still grey day in the Marlborough sounds in the South Island the 4 of October.
I was down on the jetty with my life jacket on and a bucket of salted ice behind me and of course a ruler and safety kit lets hope we don't need to use it.
*
I was hoping to catch something yummy to eat but I soon figured that on a still grey day like this there isn't much at all. My dad was up at the batch having a coffee keeping a close eye on me. He came down to check on me and my dog Pete. I had been chucking sticks in the water for him so he was a bit cold. So dad went up with Pete to go keep him nice and warm.
*
One last cast I thought to myself in my head just one more. I casted my line into the water I stood there for a while. THEN SUDDENLY, IT PULLED UNDER, I WAS SCREAMING IT WAS STRONG, I THOUGHT I CAUGHT THE EAGLE RAY that had drifted slow but gently a we while earlier.BUT THIS WAS NO EAGLE RAY IT WAS A FISH A BIG FISH SO STRONG I FELT LIKE WAS GOING TO LOSE MY GRIP.dad ran down to see what all the screaming was about I hauled it up out the water a SNAPPER. Just as Pete ran down onto the jetty he was trying to bite it I was screaming trying to keep it out of his jaws.
*
Dad told him to go away I finally rested it down onto the jetty we made sure It was the right size it was perfect. Dad put into to the salted ice. And bought it up. I checked to make sure I was all right I was shaking with excitement. My guess was it was trying to find some spots and stumbled upon my bacon?
*
Dad said to me it's better than playing boarded games. I laughed in agreement.
Later we ate, yum my first ever snapper It was a goodin. And actually the day befor I caught a tereaki but it was too small ('sigh') o we'll better luck next time!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment